Monday, August 13, 2012

One year

 It's been a year since Dad went Home. I can't believe it. The past couple of weeks memories have been flooding back with stark clarity. Some of them have been pretty painful to relive. Most of them, however, have been of sweet times spent with him. Being at the beach this week has brought back a rush of memories of family vacations. He loved to have fun.  I miss his quick smile and silly sense of humor. I miss his quiet words of wisdom and willingness to listen. His tender heart and generous spirit. I miss his hugs. He gave his family the gift of unconditional love. He took time to get to know our hearts and encouraged our dreams. He always pointed us to the One who loves perfectly and encouraged us to pursue Him above all else.
 My heart is heavy but I have been overwhelmed with thankfulness for the special man I got to call my Dad, though for far too short a time.
  I miss him with every breath. I would give anything to be wrapped in a bear hug and see that smile. But I wouldn't wish him back for anything. He is finally at rest. Finally at Home. He is with Jesus. Face to Face.
  I love you Daddy. Happy one year in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment